What are the Yoga Health benefits you can hope to achieve?
There are very many Yoga health benefits with the regular practice of yoga. They range in scope from physical benefits to mental benefits. The benefits are many for healthy individuals as well as numerous benefits to people who suffer from illness and high stress levels (which also is a big factor in many illnesses).
There are so many benefits to regular practice of yoga I have just decided to create a list to make it easy to read.
Some of the physical benefits are
1. More defined muscle tone
2. Weight loss from improved metabolism
3. Improved Spinal Health and skeletal posture. This of the yoga health benefits that is especially important for me since at the age of 9 I was diagnosed with scoliosis (a curvature of the spine), and it got worse until I was 16. Through chiropractic and 16 years of martial arts training it got somewhat better, but I would say that after 2 years of yoga it got much more better then the 16 years previous.
4. Increased lung capacity and better circulation.
5. Increased flexibility which will lead to less sport related injuries for those physically active people out there.
6. More energy, stamina and vitality.
7. Release of muscle tension.
The benefits for the Mind and Health are also many.
1. Improved mood
2. Decrease in tension, anger and fatigue
3. Improved cognition and memory.
4. Stronger immune system. My Friends site offers more information on how to get a stronger immune system, just follow the link
5. Diabetes. For this there is some evidence that yoga may lower blood glucose. The link will take you to friends site with more info on diabetes.
6. Yoga for Back Pain. There are several yoga position that can help strengthen the back and also relive tension and improve the flexibility of these muscles… which in turn lowers back pain.
7. People who have problems with there joints have shown huge improvements from doing yoga. This included Wrist, knee and hip problems. This is another point that I can testify to. I came to yoga seriously after a 2nd Major injury to my left knee (and one major surgery to the same knee). The doctors said all I could hope for would be 80% use of my left knee, now my knee is as strong if not stronger then before the injury, with very little pain (some if very wet and cold).
8. A reduction of the symptoms of Asthma have also been documented by people who regularly practice yoga.
9 Reduction in stress. This is one of the biggest yoga health benefits, because stress is a very large problem in today’s society and it causes numerous problems. Also stress effects your immune system in a very negative way. I will be adding a more pages on what stress can do to you in the near future.
Remember your Health
Health is the most important thing we have, without it we have nothing, (in contrast without money we still can do many things). One thing that can also help your yoga training is isometric exercises. A last note is that what we put in our bodies is just as important as what we do, to this end visit this friends site which has some great info about Glutathione which is a very powerful antioxidant.
You can see how the yoga health benefits above can give you a sense of well-being and improve you standard of living. I hope that you will give yoga a try. It is a big part of my life now, and I have seen improvements in my back and knee. I have never been so relaxed and happy with life. Overall fitness is one of the most important things you need to have in life. I wish you health and happiness always.
More Articles can be found here: