Yoga Breathing tips to improve your Pranayama
You will find these yoga breathing tips very helpful. In yoga breath is said to be the interface between the physical body and the mind. The breathing practice has the power to change your state of mind. some people practice for half an hour or more but even 5 minutes a day will bring you benefits.
The breath is the most important part of Yoga, if you are not breathing right, then it does not matter how good you can get into a pose… you will not be doing yoga if you do not have the breath and the mental focus.
Tips to follow when practicing Breathing or Pranayama:
- *Find a quiet place where you won’t be distracted. If doing the exercises inside, make sure the window is open to allow plenty of fresh air into the room.
- *At first practice pranayama lying down and then gradually aim to sit upright with your spine straight. This makes it easier to focus on your breath since you do not need to think about your body position.
- *Breathe evenly through the nose throughout the postures.
- *Never strain your breathing in pranayama.
- *Breathe deeply and slowly.
- *Progress slowly and carefully.
- *If you feel dizzy or light-headed, return to normal breathing.
- *Ask a friend to stay with you when trying out a new technique.
- *Do not rush things and practice all exercises as slowly as you can.
Also see my post about Yoga breathing for more information and techniques.
When you first start to practice yoga breathing these are some good tips to use. I look forward to your comments and feedback in the comments below.