Why Choose the Vipassana Meditation Center?
The 10 day course at the Vipassana Meditation Center is amazing, The best part about them is they are FREE. That’s right 10 day meditation retreat for free. How you ask, well because the center exists by donations from those who came before you… So after I hope you will also donate, to help others in the future have the same experience as you.
The one in the link is for the closest one to me here in Thailand, however they have retreats in many places in the world…. you will be living and breathing meditation for the 10 days.
The center here in Thailand offers both classes in Thai and also in English, you can see when each are offered on the schedule page for the center.
Some facts about the course are:
- The Day begins at 4:00 a.m. and ends about 9:00 p.m.
- There are about 10 hours of meditation within the day, with regular breaks and rest periods mixed in.
- Every evening at 7:00 p.m. there is a videotaped lecture by the Teacher, S.N. Goenka, which provides a context for mediators to understand their experience of the day.
- No charge for either the teaching, or for room and board… You only donate what you can to help the people who will come after you. And remember you are there because someone donated their money so you could have the same experience.
- Meals are provided, they are simple vegetarian meals that are very healthy.
- Silence is observed for the first nine full days. However you can speak with a teacher or management if the need arises.
Also Vipassana is an art of living, a way of life. While it is the essence of what the Buddha taught, it is not a religion; rather, it is the cultivation of human values leading to a life which is good for oneself and good for others.
We hope you will have the chance to join one of the classes. We here at the wandering yogi would actually like to organize a group to go together, if you are interested in that leave a comment below.
All the best.