This Recipe was given to me from a friend from Nepal
Remember to cook when you are in a good mood and feeling happy so that energy moves into the food.
Time to make: 30 minutes
How much you get: 3 cups
Can serve: 2 people
- Tofu (cut into 1″ x 1″ cubes )
- 2-3 Tomatoes, or desired amount of a 12 oz. can
- some purple cabbage, cut into small pieces
- Green beans, about 8 pods cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 teaspoon Black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Curry (not Sattvic but adds some nice warmth for balance)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- little Sea salt
- A Pinch of Turmeric
- Some Fresh jalapeno (Again not Sattvic so optional.. but I like it)
- Preheat the pan, then add your preferred oil
- When the oil is sizzling, add the black mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the smell starts and the mustard seeds are popping, then Add the tofu (1″ x 1″) and fry until a little hard on the outside.
- Next add the tomatoes, purple cabbage, and green beans.
- Fry together until it is at a desirable softness.
- The recommended times are: Fry the tofu 10 minutes. Fry the vegetables 10 minutes, then turn off the heat. Put lid on pan and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Note: Spice and vegetable amounts can vary considerably depending on taste and what is available. For example, if you prefer other vegetables like, tomatoes, beets and celery, feel free to use those instead.